Independent Home Improvement Channel Gathers to Address Industry Challenges
Marketing and merchandising executives from leading independent home improvement channel companies gathered in Indianapolis last month for The North American Retail Hardware Association’s (NRHA) 2018 Marketing and Merchandising Roundtable.
The intense, two-day event included representatives from home improvement centers, hardware stores, farm and home supply, and building supply dealers across the country. They discussed and exchanged ideas on addressing the challenges they’re facing and opportunities the market is providing.
- Consumers have more purchase options, and strong execution from these emerging options is creating higher expectations.
- As consumers’ shopping experience expectations are increasing, our research shows many industry channel players’ performance ratings on shopping experience issues are dropping.
- As they become more obsessed with online requirements, in many instances, the “store” is receiving less attention and customers are taking notice.
- To optimize the omnichannel experience, as well as sell more in-store to BOPIS customers, the store and online both require more attention simultaneously.
- To succeed, retailers are finding out their strengths to leverage and corrective tactics to address their weaknesses.
Our recent report presented at the roundtable, Improving the In-Store Shopping Experience, covered changing customer expectations and how independents are responding. Your Brand, Your Customer, Your Market are often unique. Increase your chances of success by understanding your specific strengths and what challenges are most critical to your business by working with our team to build custom research around your needs.
Written by: Jim Robisch, firstname.lastname@example.org